Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dark Horse Comics



Dark Horse Comics, the largest independent comics publisher, has a myspace page... I wonder why no one told me that before, maybe because I am too busy browsing the net instead of going out and getting social. Let it be clear however, that I also am an avid fan of illustrated stories. And of course by illustrated stories I do not mean any of adolescent super hero stuff. I mean adolescent cool stuff. Reading Dark Horse's select comics is like listening to Radiohead, whereas DC comics/Marvel are probably comparable to Britney Spears. Of course I can only hope that my remark sends throngs of comic fans in a mouth foaming, semi catatonic melancholy as their souls tremble in awe of independent boots.

The e-issues also feature enhanced episodes of accomplished webcomics among an abundant variety of indie gems. That in itself is a very progressive step and is in particular motivating for the talented comicians of the internet, and deserves praise. To be honest I wonder how XKCD would look if it had a Frank Miller's Sin City'esque tone.

Check the link to the Dark Horse myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment